- 1998: founder member and chairman of Safdragons, Cape Town until 2003, then formed Mujaji, Cape Town till present;
- Participated in numerous corporate regattas/leagues since 1995 and at International level at the annual Cape Town International held in November every year until 2003.
- Participated in, and managed a team at the IDBF World Champs in 1999 (mixed/open 250/500/1000m)
- member of the 2000 All Africa team (from the whole continent) at Sansui, Guangzhou,
- Member (paddler and manager) of the Nyami Nyami squad that toured China for the Yan Huang Cup held in the 3 cities of Beijing, HuangZhou and Xiamen in 2000,
- Emerald Casino Chinese Regatta, Johannesburg 2003,
- IDBF 2004 Club Crew World Championships at Cape Town 2004, Premier Division (mixed/open 250/500m)
- Sweep/Helm since 1997: Corporate (since 1997) and International level (since 1999).WCDBA accredited sweep (full licence)
- Coach: Safdragons 1998 - 2003
- Team captain: Safdragons and Mujaji incl. CCWC2004 (Cape Town)
- International Dragon Boat Federation (IDBF) - Race Official since 2004,
- South African Dragon Association steering committee Chairman from 1999 - 2000
- South African Dragon Boat Association Treasurer 2003 to present
- Western Cape Dragon Boat Association Treasurer 2003/4 and 2005 till present
- Safdragon and subsequently Mujai Chairman since inception.
Away from the boat, after matriculating at Westerford High, Greg started his working career as a deck cadet with Safmarine, working his way up to a Class 2 foreign going (Chief Navigating Officer) certification.
Since 1990 he has worked ashore and is currently a director and chartering broker in international bulkshipping with the Greek owned Safbulk (PTY) Ltd.
He holds a B. Comm degree (UNISA), is married to Wendy & has two sons, Dylan & Gareth.
Correct as at 07/2/06